NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Denmark


Emigration and Visas in Denmark

Related forum posts


  1. Going Global Live 2013

    We’re exhibiting at Going Global Live 2013. This show is for UK SME’s looking to expand internationally, which is on 6/7 June at ExCeL, London. There’s loads going on at the show, and we think you’d really benefit from coming along!By taking just one day out from your business you will get in front of hundreds of experts on hand to offer advice on your business expansion; from country specific

    Total Posts: 2 Last post by syed 04

  2. I want to set up my company in Czech Rep

    Please could you guide me what should be the procedure for the same.

    Total Posts: 2 Last post by syed 04

Denmark Emigration

An EU citizen can reside freely in Denmark for up to 3 months and may be permitted to remain in Denmark for up to 6 months if seeking employment in that time. A stay exceeding 3 or 6 months requires you to have an EU residence permit certificate. The residence permit is also a work permit. This should be obtained at the Regional State Administration before the expiry of the initial three month residence period.

When you have received your residence/work permit, you must go to the National Register to get a Personal Registration Number Certificate (CPR number) and a National Health Insurance card. When you go to the National Register you must take the following documentation with you:

  • Residence/work permit
  • Passport
  • Marriage certificate and children's birth certificate (if applicable)

You will need your CPR number to set up a bank account and it also acts as identification in most public and private institutions.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Denmark

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.