Also in the news...
Russia added to prohibited destinations for certain licences
Meet us in the UK and Germany in September 2014 for a non-binding consultation, InterGest South Africa is heading on a road-show to the UK and Germany.
Nelisiwe Magubane, Director of the Department of Energy (DoE) has announced to reduce the primary energy demand of businesses through tax incentives
According to recent market research forecasts, diet and food patterns concerning the majority of Africa’s population will see a radical change in the next ten years.
According to a survey of more than 300 market leading companies and their directors, South Africa gained two ranks (ranking 13) being one of the most desired countries in terms of foreign direct investments.
Labor Legislation in South Africa
Labor legislation in South Africa can be a minefield for any fledgling business, and more so for overseas investors looking to establish themselves in the SA corporate arena. South Africa has an active Employment Equity/Affirmative Action policy, geared towards addressing previous imbalances relating to advancement opportunities, salary anomalies and development policies, which resulted in a large segment of the population being deemed “historically disadvantaged”. Whilst much has been done to address these issues, appointing employees based purely on bolstering EE/AA statistics can be detrimental to the sustainability and longevity of a business. As such, Mookodi aims to assist companies to work within the parameters of the relevant legislation, whilst retaining a competitive edge through it’s people programmes.
We strive to achieve a balance between business expectations and employee practice by:
1. Offering organization engineering consultation. Here the focus is on a streamlined organization, with appropriate organizational structures. We write up job profiles which acknowledge relationships between positions to ensure cohesion and healthy dynamic interrelationships, without unnecessary duplication of roles.
2. Making appropriate remuneration submissions, taking into account industry norms, as well as qualifications and experience. The work/life balance is considered, and appropriate interventions to ensure remuneration is based on both reward and recognition is observed.
3. Employee relations – we are able to write up all the relevant legislative, and good practice policies, procedures and processes. These can include:
b. Codes of Conduct
c. Disciplinary and Grievance policies and the relevant procedure documents to engage in disciplinary and grievance cases.
d. Recruitment policy and process and procedure documents
e. EE/AA policy, etc
4. Basic administrative processes – these include leave, etc. We would design requested document templates
5. Recruitment – Recruitment is conducted using competency based questionnaires. We also devise interview guides for use by the organization for their own interviews where requested.
6. Mookodi is able to provide an outsourced service to clients, or we can assist with start up of the HR function, and source appropriate staff to run the HR function.
We endeavor to treat each client as an individual, who requires solutions tailored to that client’s business persona.