NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

UK state pension

#1 Jan 22 2009 9:18am

UK state pension

I am in the process of making all of the arrangements to move to France. I am setting up a new business in France but I am worried about my UK state pension. I have been paying into the system all of my working life and worried that I wont receive any of my UK State pension when I retire. Please can anyone advise me.

I am in the process of making all of the arrangements to move to France. I am setting up a new business in France but I am worried about my UK state pension. I have been paying into the system all of my working life and worried that I wont receive any of my UK State pension when I retire. Please can anyone advise me.
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Mar 5 2009 12:35pm

Re: UK state pension

The best advice I can give you is to use a currency broker to move your pension. You can do this on a monthly basis or you can typically fix an exchange rate for up to a year. If you're worried about the exchange rate dropping, fixing the rates gives you peice of mind. Either way, using a broker can save you upto 4% on the exchange rates and you dont pay transfer fees. I used Worldwide Currencies who are based in Canary wharf. If you need any further info, please let me know.

The best advice I can give you is to use a currency broker to move your pension. You can do this on a monthly basis or you can typically fix an exchange rate for up to a year. If you're worried about the exchange rate dropping, fixing the rates gives you peice of mind. Either way, using a broker can save you upto 4% on the exchange rates and you dont pay transfer fees. I used Worldwide Currencies who are based in Canary wharf. If you need any further info, please let me know.
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.