NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

starting a business

#1 Jan 14 2015 12:16pm

starting a business

Hi There!

I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc

Hi There! I was looking to bring in a skincare range from America to sell in UK, what legal procedures do I need to abide by? ie. licensinglaws, testing etc
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jun 1 2016 1:27pm

Re: starting a business

Hi Carolyn,

First of all, you'll need to make sure that the cosmetics you plan to introduce to the UK market comply with the EU Cosmetics Regulations (although that may soon be moot, or at least somewhat variable, if Brexit happens). The text of the Regulations are here: http://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/cosmetics/legislation/index_en.htm

You'll either need to register as an importer yourself, or use a third party importer to help you here. Registering your business and how you structure that is another issue, and then I'd need to know how you plan to distribute the cosmetics to know more about potential licensing.

Finally, the issue of trade tariffs will come in - it's quite likely that these goods will be subject to tax on import, so you'll need to see what kinds of tariffs apply (which will be the same across the EU), and plan for this either by using a free zone or by having appropriate cash management strategies in place.

If you'd like my help navigating all of this, please visit www.osire.co and send me a message - I've helped a lot of businesses to start up and expand across borders, so I'm well-placed to advise here.

David

Hi Carolyn, First of all, you'll need to make sure that the cosmetics you plan to introduce to the UK market comply with the EU Cosmetics Regulations (although that may soon be moot, or at least somewhat variable, if Brexit happens). The text of the Regulations are here: http://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/cosmetics/legislation/index_en.htm You'll either need to register as an importer yourself, or use a third party importer to help you here. Registering your business and how you structure that is another issue, and then I'd need to know how you plan to distribute the cosmetics to know more about potential licensing. Finally, the issue of trade tariffs will come in - it's quite likely that these goods will be subject to tax on import, so you'll need to see what kinds of tariffs apply (which will be the same across the EU), and plan for this either by using a free zone or by having appropriate cash management strategies in place. If you'd like my help navigating all of this, please visit www.osire.co and send me a message - I've helped a lot of businesses to start up and expand across borders, so I'm well-placed to advise here. David
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jul 10 2017 5:58pm

Hello partners i have private Investor in search for possible investment opportunities they are willing to invest in any part of the Middle East, GCC Gulf countries since there is evidence of a prominent economic boom in these areas most especially the Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain and Europe.they are looking for a partner(s) with great financial and business oriented background which we can jointly workout any business or project together with any investors.they are willing to finance or invest in a newly created or already running business,they are looking to invest in the following fields: Hotels, Motels, Commercial Villas, Residential villas, Shopping Malls, Hyper Markets, Supermarkets, Crude oil and gas trading, Natural oil and gas, Shipping / logistics, Precious metals (Gold, Diamond and general jewelry trading, Events planning, Insurance company, Hospitals, Schools, Dispensaries, Restaurants / coffee shops, chain stores and retail / wholesale outlets, Branded goods shops, Yacht / Jet-ski / ships...etc.I want serious, direct and genuine business owners, project owners only, no middle men and no time wasted,you can contact me and i can linked you with any of the investors partners (aladji.hassan2@gmail.com)

Hello partners i have private Investor in search for possible investment opportunities they are willing to invest in any part of the Middle East, GCC Gulf countries since there is evidence of a prominent economic boom in these areas most especially the Kuwait,UAE,Bahrain and Europe.they are looking for a partner(s) with great financial and business oriented background which we can jointly workout any business or project together with any investors.they are willing to finance or invest in a newly created or already running business,they are looking to invest in the following fields: Hotels, Motels, Commercial Villas, Residential villas, Shopping Malls, Hyper Markets, Supermarkets, Crude oil and gas trading, Natural oil and gas, Shipping / logistics, Precious metals (Gold, Diamond and general jewelry trading, Events planning, Insurance company, Hospitals, Schools, Dispensaries, Restaurants / coffee shops, chain stores and retail / wholesale outlets, Branded goods shops, Yacht / Jet-ski / ships...etc.I want serious, direct and genuine business owners, project owners only, no middle men and no time wasted,you can contact me and i can linked you with any of the investors partners (aladji.hassan2@gmail.com)
Reply Reply with quote

#4 May 20 2020 11:45am

Hello Carolyn!
Maybe the articles by these guys can help you out https://osome.com/uk/blog/

Hello Carolyn! Maybe the articles by these guys can help you out https://osome.com/uk/blog/
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Aug 27 2020 12:58pm

Hi, I m based in 98000 Monaco and I Like Open Here my Start Up about my own Produkts der Luxe, my Entertainment, Art Events etc .
I have positiv experience. I had my own Boutique with Gallery INSIDE. But is finished.

I Look for a Finance for the real estate places, object in Monte Carlo for my Start Up.
I need around 5 mill Euro.
We should work together as Business Partner.

Please contact me over Email, if you are true.
Regards
Reni
renivbifamodiplomartistmc@gmail.com

Hi, I m based in 98000 Monaco and I Like Open Here my Start Up about my own Produkts der Luxe, my Entertainment, Art Events etc . I have positiv experience. I had my own Boutique with Gallery INSIDE. But is finished. I Look for a Finance for the real estate places, object in Monte Carlo for my Start Up. I need around 5 mill Euro. We should work together as Business Partner. Please contact me over Email, if you are true. Regards Reni renivbifamodiplomartistmc@gmail.com
Reply Reply with quote

#6 Jan 13 2022 2:24pm

Good day, I would like to start a airbnb business, could you please give some advise

Kind regards

Good day, I would like to start a airbnb business, could you please give some advise Kind regards
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.