NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

A Brit chick in Spain trying to succeed!

#1 Mar 11 2017 3:16pm

A Brit chick in Spain trying to succeed!

Hi,

I relocated from the UK to A Coruna, Spain in October 2016 and I have been working as an English Teacher and Au Pair, but my contract ends in May. I have fallen in love with the place and have come up with an idea for a new travel business so that my family can stay here. After much research, my partner and I have come up with what I think is a great idea that seems to have little to no competition and potentially thousands of customers, which we can access.

My only problem is I don't know how to get started. For example, what are the employment laws, safety standards, licenses that I need in Spain? Where can I go to find out information about this?(and read it in English). I guess most importantly though I would like to know if there are any start up business loans or grants/bursaries that I could be entitled to, if so where do I find them?

If any one has any information or web links that could help me I would very much appreciate it. I have read most of the info on here, which has been helpful but I think I need something more official and specific to this rea of Spain - Galicia.

Many thanks,
Helen_C

Hi, I relocated from the UK to A Coruna, Spain in October 2016 and I have been working as an English Teacher and Au Pair, but my contract ends in May. I have fallen in love with the place and have come up with an idea for a new travel business so that my family can stay here. After much research, my partner and I have come up with what I think is a great idea that seems to have little to no competition and potentially thousands of customers, which we can access. My only problem is I don't know how to get started. For example, what are the employment laws, safety standards, licenses that I need in Spain? Where can I go to find out information about this?(and read it in English). I guess most importantly though I would like to know if there are any start up business loans or grants/bursaries that I could be entitled to, if so where do I find them? If any one has any information or web links that could help me I would very much appreciate it. I have read most of the info on here, which has been helpful but I think I need something more official and specific to this rea of Spain - Galicia. Many thanks, Helen_C
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.