NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

What's in a name?!

#1 Jan 30 2009 3:34pm

What's in a name?!

Hello there, I am trying to come up with an appropriate name for my restaurant that I am opening in Cyprus in the summer. We will be serving proper English fayre as well as a selection of Cypriot food. Should we use a Cypriot name or use an English name that is known internationally? So many people I have asked have come up with loads of different views but if someone who has had first hand experience, any advice would be greatly welcome. I want to stand out from the crowd but not offend the locals at the same time. Difficult!!!!

Hello there, I am trying to come up with an appropriate name for my restaurant that I am opening in Cyprus in the summer. We will be serving proper English fayre as well as a selection of Cypriot food. Should we use a Cypriot name or use an English name that is known internationally? So many people I have asked have come up with loads of different views but if someone who has had first hand experience, any advice would be greatly welcome. I want to stand out from the crowd but not offend the locals at the same time. Difficult!!!!
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.