NewsCase StudiesEvents

Startup Overseas Forums

New thread

Business Structure?

#1 Jan 1 2009 5:57pm

Business Structure?

I run a art business within the UK and have received a lot of interest from australia. Due to the demand, and of course the lifestyle i am seriously thinking of migrating my business over there. Can anyone please advise what form my business should take?

I run a art business within the UK and have received a lot of interest from australia. Due to the demand, and of course the lifestyle i am seriously thinking of migrating my business over there. Can anyone please advise what form my business should take?
Reply Reply with quote

#2 Jan 1 2009 6:11pm

Re: Business Structure?

Hi
It all depends on the purpose of your company, the volume of revenue it will generate and the number of partners/employees. If i can give you some advice, if you are seriously thinking of emmigrating to the otherside of the world you should set out a business plan, look into the likelyhood of getting a visa and make sure you are 100% committed. Reasons being, it is not cheap and it is not a certainty you will be accepted. With all that aside good luck.
Clare

Hi It all depends on the purpose of your company, the volume of revenue it will generate and the number of partners/employees. If i can give you some advice, if you are seriously thinking of emmigrating to the otherside of the world you should set out a business plan, look into the likelyhood of getting a visa and make sure you are 100% committed. Reasons being, it is not cheap and it is not a certainty you will be accepted. With all that aside good luck. Clare
Reply Reply with quote

#3 Jan 5 2009 9:00am

I agree with the above post. Only you can really determine what form of company is best suited. Maybe give us some of your criteria and we can help a little more.

I agree with the above post. Only you can really determine what form of company is best suited. Maybe give us some of your criteria and we can help a little more.
Reply Reply with quote

#4 Feb 13 2009 10:53am

You will have the same options in Oz as you do here.Limited company, LLP, Sole trader etc.
The key is to get good advice on tax efficiency, migration law compliance and crucially whether or not the visa (as opposed to the business) will allow you to have the lifestyle you want.
Call Richard Gregan on 0131 625 6906 to discuss your options. There is no charge for the first 10 - 15 minutes and I will give you straight answers. If it is a non starter I will tell you just that at no cost to you.

You will have the same options in Oz as you do here.Limited company, LLP, Sole trader etc. The key is to get good advice on tax efficiency, migration law compliance and crucially whether or not the visa (as opposed to the business) will allow you to have the lifestyle you want. Call Richard Gregan on 0131 625 6906 to discuss your options. There is no charge for the first 10 - 15 minutes and I will give you straight answers. If it is a non starter I will tell you just that at no cost to you.
Reply Reply with quote

#5 Jul 7 2009 4:51pm

Hi Pitto. Sounds exciting.
Sounds an exciting prospect. I would give my business a web presence. Build a website that lets you display your work and trade on line. It’s an easy way to keep in touch with all your existing and prospective clients. You will be able to maintain your presence in the UK and deal with customers in Australia and worldwide! If the prospect sounds daunting then there is help at hand. Visit www.doyourownsite.co.uk for a 30 day free tial. There is also a company that trains people to use DoYouOwnSite in Australia!! Visit www.websitetrainingcourse.com Hope this helps.
Ian

Hi Pitto. Sounds exciting. Sounds an exciting prospect. I would give my business a web presence. Build a website that lets you display your work and trade on line. It’s an easy way to keep in touch with all your existing and prospective clients. You will be able to maintain your presence in the UK and deal with customers in Australia and worldwide! If the prospect sounds daunting then there is help at hand. Visit www.doyourownsite.co.uk for a 30 day free tial. There is also a company that trains people to use DoYouOwnSite in Australia!! Visit www.websitetrainingcourse.com Hope this helps. Ian
Reply Reply with quote

Post a reply

Please login to post a reply to this thread

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.