NewsCase StudiesEvents

Emigration and Visas in Czech Republic

Czech Republic

Emigration and Visas in Czech Republic

Recent forum posts


  1. Indian citizen willing to set up a food business in NZ..

    Hi thereI am an Indian citizen who wishes to set up food business in NZ (Auckland or Wellington) Can someone advise how do we go about??Quick Questions:- Is it possible for Indian citizens to set up business in NZ?- If yes, how do we go about?Suggestions/Advise if highly appreciatedCheersG

    Total Posts: 1 Last post by ongautam

  2. Starting a Business in Greece

    Hi, I would like a hint on what do I need in order to start up a business in Greece! I am US citizen, I have a MA in Psychology. What would I need in order to open a practice or open a kindergarten for people who want their kids to learn English?

    Total Posts: 4 Last post by Angeliki

Czech Republic Emigration

The Czech Republic shares the principles of the migration and visa policies of the European Union and is currently finalizing its legal matters to match European Union law.

Czech citizens can enter EU countries with only a valid machine-readable national identification cards; a visa is not required. For travelling with children, it is recommended to use a passport. If residency exceeds 90 days, citizens must register at the foreign police within the state of residence, which will automatically issue a residency permit for five years.

Foreigners travelling to the Czech Republic may use a passport, diplomatic passport or any ID. This includes citizens of Switzerland, Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, which are members of the European economical area.


With some states, the Czech Republic maintains a shared non-visa requirement and with some, a one-way non-visa requirement.

The actual list of states and types of visa contacts is available on the web pages of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Click here to Ask an Expert about Emigration and Visas in Czech Republic

Organisations that can assist with Emigration and Visas

You are not logged in!

Please login or register to ask our experts a question.

Login now or register.